For whatever reason, Liam seems to be especially prone to Emergency Room visits. I honestly cannot count the number of times we have had to bring him there, from the time he was a very little baby. Out in the big bad civilian world (haha), we discovered that that really gets a bit costly! YEOOOWW!! So boy did it feel good when Liam had another emergency this morning to be able to go into William Beaumont Army Medical Center and walk out without a bill and with a bag full of free medicine. Hallelujah! I always took for granted the many benefits of military life, but now that I have seen for myself that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence, I feel blessed in many ways to be "owned by the army" again.
For those of you worried about Liam, he is doing much better. He had a sudden onset of bronchitis last night right before bedtime. He had a very difficult time breathing all night long, accompanied by loud wheezing. It was scary. I didn't sleep much at all and neither did he. The nurse line I called this morning advised me to get right to the ER so my good friend, Jill, was wonderful enough to take Emma so Liam and I could head out for the hospital. By the time we got there, his breathing was much improved. There was no wait (amazingly!). The doctor ordered an x-ray to rule out pneumonia. Liam was absolutely giddy about the fact that he was getting an x-ray. I guess he thought it was really neat to get to take a picture of his insides. We left the hospital with some medication and an inhaler in case he has another episode of difficult breathing.
Liam and Emma are both napping right now, which has probably only ever happened once before. They both had a busy morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ahhh, poor guy! Glad to hear that is doing much better. I dred the day that we have to go to the ER. I've been the hospital too many times already with all his appointments, therapys and surgeries. But he is so fearless right now, I'm afraid we'll be there too soon! Hugs for your little man!
I'm glad everything turned out o.k.!
Post a Comment