Tuesday, June 3, 2008

10 months old!


It's hard to believe that our baby girl is already ten months old! It seems like just yesterday that Emma was keeping us up until 1 a.m. every night with her colic that we thought would never end. I know these next two months are going to fly by, too, and before we know it, Emma will be turning 1. It's so bittersweet! Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and keep her just the way she is. But then we would miss out on all the fun new things she is doing every day. We tried (in vain) to capture some of her new tricks on video tonight. But what can you expect when you wait until bedtime and then ask he to "perform?" Yeah...right! I'll try again tomorrow. I would describe these tricks, but that would ruin the surprise now, wouldn't it?
Emma still has just one little tooth poking through her gums and is still reluctant to crawl. She is scooching around a little bit, but she seems to prefer practicing pulling up and standing rather than practicing moving around on all fours. She is fascinated by Tinky (our black lab) and would sit and watch her out the window for hours if I let her. She is also obsessed with the remote control (no, not the "fake" remote control that we took the batteries out of and gave to her to play with. She knows the real thing!) And last time I took her to the pediatrician, she weighed 19 pounds. She is in the 75th percentile for weight and the 90th (!!) percentile for height. She loves her mama and dada, but the real hero in her life continues to be Liam.

No comments: