Liam had a little trouble sleeping last night. He woke up at 4:00 and never could really get back to sleep. At 5:00 he asked me to climb in bed with him and by 6:00 he wanted to get up and get ready. Last night, he did for the first time tell me that he was scared because he would be away from me for such a long time during the day. So this morning, when he got out of bed, the first thing he did was reach for his new little angel that I had given him and he put it right in his pocket. He had a cinnamon toast breakfast (his current favorite), and had time to watch part of a tv show before we started the walk to school. He was very pleased that Emma had a new dress in honor of his first day - navy blue with apples on it. He told me to make sure that when I came back to pick him up this afternoon that Emma would still be wearing her pretty new dress.
I took LOTS of pictures, so bear with me!! ;)
Liam's much-loved new shoes - Skecher Z-Straps! Of course he got them dusty within 5 minutes of putting them on, so my plan to take a picture of them "brand new" got thwarted. Oh well.
There was a sign where Liam's class was supposed to line up to wait for the teacher.
Brendan & I thought he was starting to look a little nervous? Either that or his back pack stuffed full with classroom supplies was starting to weigh him down.
The dual language teachers come out to pick up the kiddies. Mrs. Ramirez is telling all the kids to blow a big kiss to their parents. Mrs. Wicker is in the pink shirt right behind her. One little boy was crying and Mrs. Wicker was very good with him. She gently wiped away his tears and was encouraging. It made me feel at peace to see her compassionate side before my baby marched away into her classroom.

Mrs. Wicker checking to make sure everyone was in line.
Mrs. Wicker checking to make sure everyone was in line.
There he goes in his red back pack!
The front of the school after all the kids were inside.
Emma and daddy. Is it just me, or does she look like she misses her brother already?!



6 comments:
Sniff, sniff! You may not be crying....
He looks so grown-up! Wow-- you made me want to call my mom and ask her how she handled my first day of kindergarten. :) I hope he had a wonderful start.
Elizabeth!! Your posts made me cry!!! I am going to be a mess on Wed. when mine go. I can't even read yours without tears!! All of our love to you all and tell Liam Congrats! On his first day!!!!
How sweet the whole family walked him to school today!
Oh, wow! Your blog combined with Emma's expression made me want to cry! Thanks for sharing this great milestone with us!
P.S. Your apple-themed blog and Emma's special outfit are so cute!
Elizabeth! Oh, I so understand. It is SUCH a milestone. You did great and I know Liam is having a wonderful time! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment