Thursday, August 14, 2008

Growing fast

Emma had her 1 year check up (and shots) today. She did really well and only cried for a few seconds! What a brave little girl I have. She weighed in at 20 pounds, 5 ounces. She's come such a long way in one short year! A glimpse back:

Birth: 6 lbs, 14 ounces, 19 1/2 in.
2 weeks: 7 lbs, 10 ounces, 21 1/2 in. (I'm thinking someone measured wrong because 2 inches in 2 weeks?!)
2 months: 11 lbs, 2 ounces, 23 1/2 in.
4 months: 14 lbs, 2 ounces, 25 1/2 in.
9 months: 18 lbs, 6 ounces, 27 3/4 in.
12 months: 20 lbs., 5 ounces, 30 in.

Here's my sweet little Emma on the beach last September. She was about 6 weeks old! I knew the first year would go by fast, but I still can't believe it's already over. Next on the docket: walking! (Not yet, but soon, I think!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe that she and Carsten are exactly the same size? He had his 1 year check up last week - a little late and he was 20lbs 6oz and 30 inches. Not yet walking, not yet talking. It is so cool they are on the same track!