Kindergarten starts one week from Monday...GULP! Back in good old Cornwall, NY, we always got letters in the mail telling us who our teachers were for the coming school year sometime during the summer, but I guess things are different in El Paso. (A lot of things are different in El Paso!) So I called the school today to find out about Kindergarten orientation, as well as to see if Liam had gotten placed in the dual language program, which he had. When I told him he was going to learn to speak spanish at school, he started giggling and was really excited. His teacher's name is Mrs. Wicker and his classroom is room 104! Orientation is next Friday at 1:00 and he'll get to meet Mrs. Wicker and see his classroom. I'm glad I called today because this kindergarten thing is finally starting to feel real. It's exciting but really bittersweet. When I told Liam his teacher was going to be Mrs. Wicker, he giggled (again) and said "That sounds like wicked!" I told him he better not say that to her or he'll end up in the principal's office. 5 minutes later he was outside playing with Tinky and I heard him singing "That's so wicked!" Oh brother.
I found this link on the internet:
http://webaccess.episd.org/lv/159/hp.nsf/4109131d7b02105e80256ab7004eac1a/edf5d5147fa839ec87256cf4005bd14d?OpenDocument
Now I just have to go pick up the supply list at the school and get his crayons, etc., etc. I am hopeful that this is going to be a good experience for Liam. People keep telling me how great Polk is and that they wish their kids were there. I feel like I was really lucky to grow up in a good school district, so I am anxious to see how this compares.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
HI Elizabeth!
I know you'll take the first day of school pictures but don't forget a shot of the new shoes! It is fun to take a picture of them at the end of the year! I did it last year with the backpack and the shoes!
Post a Comment