Monday, August 25, 2008

A quick funny...or two

Liam had a great day at school today. He talked about it all evening and turned in to bed at 7:00 p.m., looking forward to day #2. There are lots of little stories he had, but one really made me laugh. Mrs. Wicker was obviously trying to explain why the children had to take turns speaking and she had a clever story to convey her message. This was Liam's account:
"One day last year, 5 or 6 children started talking at the same time and Mrs. Wicker was like ***grabs head in agony and grimaces***. She had a splitting headache. So she had to go to the nurse and the nurse told her she had to go home to rest. So for the rest of the day, the class had a really mean substitute teacher!" You had to see the look of solemnity on Liam's face when he told this story. He clearly does NOT want a really mean substitute teacher, haha!
He also said that he doesn't have a girlfriend...yet...but he might by tomorrow. (There are 12 girls and only 7 boys in his class!)
And finally, I already had a proud mommy moment! When I picked Liam up this afternoon, Mrs. Wicker told me that Liam was so mature and dependable and that she could tell that he was going to be a great student. Yeah, yeah, maybe she says that to all the moms, but I couldn't help but smile. Because of course I already knew that, but I was glad she picked up on that so quickly. :)

No comments: