Sunday, August 24, 2008

Night before kindergarten

Well, I could sit here and type all the emotions that keep swirling through my mind tonight, but I'm really trying to save my tears for AFTER the drop-off tomorrow. So I thought I would just post some pictures of our evening tonight. Liam and I made a "First Day of School" cake together this afternoon. It turned out really yummy and he was excited to bake it with me.







Look who Brendan pulled out of the dryer!


Liam requested that Daddy read him his bedtime story tonight. Emma didn't want to be left out!


She wanted to see the Z-Strap comic book, too!


Liam and I have been preparing for tomorrow for a long time. For the past couple of years, we have talked a lot about how when Jesus had to leave his friends, He promised them that He would still always be with them. And Jesus will always be with Liam, too. I gave him this angel to keep in his pocket so if he needs courage, he can reach in and remember that Jesus is with him always. (In case you can't see the words, it says "I will never leave you." - Hebrews 13:5b.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok--so you made me weepy, too! Read the book, "The Kissing Hand". I am pretty sure it is on Liam's book shelf--I gave it to you when you left, I think for college. Keep looking forward, no looking back allowed! HUGS TO ALL!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea with the angel!